Vitrocsa Minimal UK have now developed 2 types of sliding guillotine sash windows.
With the original minimal aluminium sash window, 2 of the panes act as counter-weight to each other. (Refer to ‘configurations’ for options).
The new guillotine sash window is designed with traditional counter-weights, allowing each pane to slide independently and allowing alternative opening configurations, e.g. the top pane can be fixed with the two lower panes sliding up behind the top pane to create a larger opening.
Vitrocsa Minimal metal sash windows can be up to 5m wide while still maintaining the 19mm mullion, and even though they can be opened manually, they are usually motorized. See video.
For more information about the guillotine sash please contact us
The Guillotine frame means there is no limit to the height which can be achieved, whilst retaining the same high quality and aesthetics as other versions. Perfectly balanced, the mobile leaves ( maximum 500kg per pane) can be moved with a force of just a few grams, either manually or via a motor.
They can operate in one of two ways :
- System with two identical glass panes which counter-balances one another
- Counterweight system on the sides, enabling an unlimited number of configurations. The counterweights are integrated into the finishes.
Tracks + Frames
· Can be recessed and hidden within the floor, wall and ceiling, or expressed.
· The original sash retains the 58mm deep frame, while the new sash requires additional space for the counter-weight. Size of counter-weight varies , and is determined by the weight of the pane.
· 17mm wide
· Mullions will be reinforced for high wind loads if required.
· Single, Double and Triple glazing are available.
· Up to 5metres wide and up to 12m2.
· Tracks act as drain.
· No proprietary strip drain is required.
· Aircraft grade aluminium in natural anodised finish (25 microns).
· Frames can be either anodized or powder-coated.
· Suitable for extreme environments.
· Vitrocsa Minimal recommend IPG powder-coating.
· stainless steel rollers within aluminium frames fitted within the tracks
· marine s/s rollers are available for marine conditions
· smooth, easy one finger operation
· aluminium and stainless steel parts require minimal maintenance and can be done with ease with our removable tracks.
· rollers are visible and accessible and can be easily cleaned.
· extreme reliability and durability keeps maintenance to a minimum.
· Thermally broken tracks and frames ensure highest performance ratings
· Extremely high thermal insulation in profiles and in frames to maximise energy and cost efficiency
· Extreme air and water resistance ideal for ocean fronts
· Well suited for harsh environments and extreme weather conditions
· suitable for double or triple glazing
· 100% Swiss made product.
· Swiss designed and developed with a strong emphasis on research and development.
· Vitrocsa Minimal are focussed on service, quality and the successful installation of each and every project.
· All projects are installed by our team of Swiss trained installers.
· With so many options and possibilities, our team of architects and technicians provide inspiration and guidance and can be involved at the design stage, and can comment on developed and detail design as required.
· Sashes can be motorized with motor fixed to head of frame.
· Vitrocsa Minimal supply remote control as standard, but motor can be wired back and controlled by any intelligent house system.
· Snib locks provides additional security.
· Infill panel – any material can be fitted into our profiles including timber, stone and steel panels.